Energy Efficient Water Heaters Come in Many Varieties
There are many excellent choices in hot water heaters today including natural and propane gas, electric and energy-efficient heat pump systems. Many new designs of energy-efficient water heaters can save substantial amounts of money on energy costs. We can recommend the best options for your hot water needs that best fit your lifestyle along with suggestions on how to reduce your energy costs along the way.
- Conventional storage water heaters offer a ready reservoir (storage tank) of hot water.
- Tankless or demand-type water heaters heat water directly without the use of a storage tank.
- Heat pump water heaters move heat from one place to another instead of generating heat directly for providing hot water.
- Solar water heaters use the sun’s heat to provide hot water.
- Tankless coil and indirect water heaters use a home’s space heating system to heat water.
Considerations for Selecting Energy Efficient Water Heaters:
Fuel type: The fuel type or energy source you use for water heating will not only affect the water heater’s annual operation costs but also its size and energy efficiency. We’ll discuss the options available for your home or business.
Size: You need enough hot water capacity to keep your family comfortable. A properly sized water heater will maximize efficiency and save on operating costs while providing maximum comfort and convenience.
Energy efficiency: Many advancements have been made to reduce operating costs. We’ll help you learn about the efficiency ratings of various water heating systems so you can make the decision that fits you and your budget.